Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Books

Some of my many books

I remember getting into books when I was 10, it was just after my grandfather died. I was sitting on my bed and I picked up a copy of a Baby Sitters: Little Sister book and forgetting about what had just happened. I progressed quickly thru the different reading stages and was reading adult books at 13. The first adult book I read was Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews which was probably a little bit too adult for a 13 year old. It didn't stop there, I read all her books dreaming of the day when I would find my perfect guy.
My two all time favourite books are classics read by millions, Catcher in the Rye by JD Salenger and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I have read these books many times and they are no less riveting than the first time I read them.
These days I'm very much into Paranormal Fiction. I'm reading about vampires, angels, demons, witches and warewolves. I have been getting thru one of these books per day as I have been stuck on the couch trying to heal my stupid leg. Since I couldn't leave the house to get more books I started to read eBooks. I don't have an eReader I am just using my laptop. I feel like a traitor reading books like this but it is just so convenient not to mention that the little man can't rip the pages out of these books.
Books mean a lot to me they are a way to keep my sanity. I can really loose myself in a book and feel what the characters are feeling. Sometimes I forget that it is just a story and find that the characters emotions have become my emotions and it can take a couple of minutes for me to get back to myself. Without books I would be lost. 

1 comment:

  1. I HEART Books. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I also read Flowers... when I was a teenager and the incest part completely freaked me out. Vampire books have always been my favourite since I was a kid and absolutely hate the new shit out there now. But at least it gets people reading rather than living on social networks sites.

    ReplyDelete