Thursday, May 05, 2011

What I'm Reading


I've been re-reading The Vampire Diaries and I'm sure you are all wondering why would I do that? Well I first read them when I was about 14 and I really enjoyed them. So recently I watched the TV show adaptation of the books and enjoyed it. The obvious thing was to re-read the books coz I always have to see what they got wrong.
So what do I think of the books now? They are terrible!!! (Well the original 4 books aren't bad, it's the newer additions, The Vampire Diaries: The Return that just didn't need to be written). It seems like the author is just jumping on the back of the popularity of the TV series. The book is just dragging on and I am forcing myself to finish it. It does give the minor characters in the original series a bigger part, but there isn't really any character development. The plot has a lot of repetition and I'm just left wondering when will this book end.
I guess I'm just too old to enjoy these books.
Now as for the TV show, I can't believe how different it is. In the books Elena has a 4yo sister, Bonnie doesn't become an all powerful witch, Caroline doesn't become a vampire, Elena becomes a vampire before she dies and comes back as an angel. The list goes on. But still I prefer the TV show to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment